Fred and Vasilia Grasseschi Scholarship
Fred Grasseschi was born and raised in Michigan. He had a great sense of humor and was a standout football and baseball player in high school. In the summer of 1949, Fred came to visit relatives in Black Eagle and met Vasilia Margonis, a lifelong resident of Black Eagle. They were just teenagers at the time, but they fell fast in love. They were married after Fred returned from serving in the Korean War and they lived a simple life together for over 40 years.
Vasilia worked for many years at East Middle School. She and Fred enjoyed dancing, visiting relatives in Michigan, Italy, and Greece, and watching local high school athletics. After Vasilia passed away in 1998, Fred continued to attend high school football games until his passing in 2001.
The Fred and Vasilia Grasseschi Scholarship was created because of the Grasseschi family’s strong belief in academics and athletics as well as their promotion in building character.
1. Must demonstrate need of financial assistance.
2. Must demonstrate acceptable citizenship.
3. Given to one CMR graduate and one GFH graduate.
4. Must participate in a CMR/GFH sponsored sport for all four years of high school (preference given to those who participated in football).
5. Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
6. Must attend a Montana college or university.
Donate A One Time Or Ongoing Scholarship For High School Graduates
Setting up an educational scholarship fund can be a meaningful way to give back to your community or to honor a loved one. There are a number of things to consider when planning a scholarship. Please contact the Foundation for assistance, we are happy to help you. Contact Stephanie Schnider at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-268-6021.