Blythe Brandvold Award for Academic Excellence
Mrs. Blythe Brandvold taught in the Great Falls Public Schools for more than 30 years. She is a proud alumnus of the Great Falls High Class of 1955 and attended many of the district’s elementary schools and Paris Gibson Junior High.
She was not encouraged by her father to pursue a college degree, but she desperately wanted to continue her education and ventured to the Colorado Women’s College, now Denver University. She received her teaching degree. Blythe shared her passion for learning with her students, children and grandchildren.
This award is established to recognize a graduating senior who shares Mrs. Brandvold’s love of learning and embraces her sense of adventure by pursuing their degree away from their home state of Montana.
The recipient will receive $1,000 to assist with their educational expenses. Consideration for this award will be given based on academic performance, extracurricular activities and passion for learning as demonstrated by other personal activities and hobbies.
1. Must be a GFH graduating senior.
2. Must plan to attend college out of state.
3. Application must include the number of generations of Great Falls High graduates in your family.
4. Must provide current transcript that shows GPA and Class Rank
5. Application must submit two letters of recommendation from faculty, counselor, or coaches.
6. Application must include a resume that shows
Donate A One Time Or Ongoing Scholarship For High School Graduates
Setting up an educational scholarship fund can be a meaningful way to give back to your community or to honor a loved one. There are a number of things to consider when planning a scholarship. Please contact the Foundation for assistance, we are happy to help you. Contact Dave Crum at (406) 268-7340 or Dave_Crum@gfps.k12.mt.us.