Bertha Feaster Scholarship
Bertha Barrett Feaster was born in Great Falls on February 8, 1903, grew up in Great Falls, and graduated from Great Falls High School in 1921. She married Joseph Feaster on December 27, 1950 in San Jose, California. She moved to Seattle where she worked part-time selling real estate. She returned to Great Falls eight years before she died.
Bertha was a proud Great Falls High School graduate who loved to page through her yearbook, telling stories of her old teachers and classmates well into her nineties. Never forgetting the fine schooling she received at GFH, she continued to learn even as she approached the age of 102. When she died in 2005, her will stipulated her desire for others to enjoy their academic pursuits and established a fund to be distributed by the Great Falls Education Foundation. This fund was then transferred to the Great Falls Public Schools Foundation in 2013 when the two foundations merged.
1. Must show need of financial assistance.
2. Must exhibit reasonable citizenship, diligence, and hard work.
3. Must graduate from CMR or Great Falls High Schools.
4. Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
5. Must attend a Montana college or university.
6. two letters of recommendation (one from a teacher and on from a non-family member outside of school).
7. Must maintain a GPA of 2.7 or higher each year of college to remain eligible to receive next installment. 8. Scholarship will not be awarded to a student who has received any other large scholarship as determined by high school guidance counselors.
Donate A One Time Or Ongoing Scholarship For High School Graduates
Setting up an educational scholarship fund can be a meaningful way to give back to your community or to honor a loved one. There are a number of things to consider when planning a scholarship. Please contact the Foundation for assistance, we are happy to help you. Contact Dave Crum at (406) 268-7340 or Dave_Crum@gfps.k12.mt.us.