Sisters United Scholarship
Sisters United is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Montana. Our mission is to empower Indigenous women, children, and communities with healing at the forefront. We have created a yearly scholarship in honor of Ashley Heavy Runner and Jermaine Charlo, both young Indigenous women who have been missing since August 2016.
- This scholarship is available to female and male students.
- This is a four-year renewable scholarship that awards up to $5,000 each year.
- The scholarship is disbursed in two payments each year in the Fall and the Spring.
- Must show proof of enrollment, descendancy or affiliation of a Native American Tribe.
- Must graduate from a Great Falls public high school (CMR, Paris Gibson, or Great Falls High).
- Must have at least a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in post-secondary education to continue receiving the scholarship each semester.
- Must submit at least one letter of recommendation from a non-family member. An additional letter of recommendation is optional.
- The scholarship recipient can attend beauty school, trade school, college, university, or similar educational training.
Donate A One Time Or Ongoing Scholarship For High School Graduates
Setting up an educational scholarship fund can be a meaningful way to give back to your community or to honor a loved one. There are a number of things to consider when planning a scholarship. Please contact the Foundation for assistance, we are happy to help you. Contact Stephanie Schnider at email@example.com or call 406-268-6021.